Frequently Asked Questions
- Why would I Use GiftFly?
It's better the any plastic gift card you can buy. more specifically a Gift-on-the-fly is:
- It works anywhere. Choose from any business on Yelp.
- Instantly sent and received. as fast as sending an email.
- Personalized to the receiver. Choose a place they love, add pictures etc.
- Cheaper than visa, Amex, Mastercard plastic gift cards.
- Always on your smartphone, not your wallet or envelope that you forgot.
- 100% Redeemed with one button, no declining balances.
- Gilft-on-the-fly has no expiration date
- Do I need Paypal or a smartphone?
- Nope. You can sign up for a free Paypal account. You can redeem your gift from your PC, Mac, tablet or Smartphone.
- What does the receiver get?
You can send a Gift-on-the-Fly by email or via Facebook.
If you choose by email then your friend will receive the Gift in the Inbox. If you choose to send it via Facebook then he will see it on his Facebook Wall. Both delivery options are secure since we require authentication by the user to redeem the Gift. Using email we securely tie the transfer of the money to the email account which only your friend has access to. Alternatively on Facebook we check if your friend is logged in on Facebook before being able to redeem the Gift.
Once authorized we will then send the money to your friend’s Paypal account.
- How do I send a Giftfly?
- Choose a business
- Customize your Gift-on-the-Fly
- Choose a delivery option: Email or Facebook
- Select Gift amount
- Let it fly
- Where can I send a GiftFly?
- Any business. We use Yelp for our search listings, so you can choose any business on Yelp.
- What happens when I send a Giftfly?
- Your friend gets an email or Facebook wall post with instructions on how to redeem the gift. We remind them regularly to use it so that they don't forget. See How it works.
- Is there a fee?
- It’s still cheaper and a heck of a lot faster than an AMEX, VISA, Mastercard gift card. Gifts below $20 are completely free. Otherwise its only $0.99 + 4.99% of the gift amount.
- Does a Gift-on-the-Fly expire?
No. We even send out several email reminders to redeem the gift.
If after 12 months there is no activity, we may assess a monthly service fee of $2.50.
- Can I send a gift using Facebook?
- Yes. Try the login link in the top right. You can send gifts by Facebook wall post.
- Who is PayPal?
- Paypal is our payment processor trusted by over 100M consumers globally. If you buy a Gift-on-the-Fly, you’ll receive payment confirmation emails from them.
- Refund policy
- If you or the recipient of your GiftFly isn't completely satisfied with the experience, we will issue you a full refund online, instantly.